How to set up your email address in Microsoft Outlook:
- From the main page of Outlook, click on Tools, then Account Settings.
- Click New.
- Click Next.
- This will bring you to the Auto Account Setup screen.Enter the details as follows:
- Your Name: your name
- Email Address: your email address
- Password: the password you were provided
- Tick the box that says "Manually configure server settings or additional server types."
- Click Next.
- Select Internet Email, then click Next.
- This will bring you to the Add New Email Account screen. Your name and your email address will already be filled in. Under server information, select POP3 as the account type. Enter in the information as follows:
- Incoming mail server: mail.yourdomain.com.au, substituting your actual domain instead of yourdomain.
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.yourdomain.com.au, substituting your actual domain instead of yourdomain.
- Enter in your username and password, then click Finish.
Your email address should now be visible under your list of accounts.
You need to carry out one more step :
- Double click on the account you just created.
- Click More Settings. This can be found on the bottom right of the window.
- This will bring up a window called "Internet Email Settings". Select the Advanced tab. Change the Outgoing Server (SMTP) to 26 then click Ok.
- Click Next, then Finish.